Christine received a BA Fine Art from RhodesUniversity. She established and ran the Hout Bay Art Centre for children. She retired from teaching to paint full time and participate in group exhibitions in cape Town. In 1995 she won the South African Society of Artists (SASA) award the Moira Broom trophy for the best watercolour. Since then she has exhibited at the SASA summer exhibition at Kirstenbosch and the Karoo Arts festival in Oudtshoorn.
She has taken part in numerous shows in the Western Cape. More recently Christine has contributed to the popular Karoo Art Workshops run in Prince Albert . Her expertise in watercolour, sketching and painting in the field has made her workshops a valuable part of the village life.
- 1956 – 1957: Studied art at Rustenburg Girls’ High School underFlorence Zerffi and Jill Parker.
- 1961: B A Fine Art: RhodesUniversity.
- 1962- 1965: Taught art at Sans Souci Girls’ High School.
- 1974- 1978: Established and ran the Hout Bay Art Centre for children.
- 1980- 1992: Teacher and Principal ofValleyPre-PrimarySchool , HoutBay.
- 1993- 1994: Retired from teaching to paint full-time and participated in local group exhibitions in Cape Town.
- 1995: Won the South African Society of Artist (SASA) award, the Moira Broom trophy for the best watercolour.
- 1996: Exhibited at the SASA Summer Exhibition at Kirstenbosch and a group exhibition at the Constantia Village Art Gallery with Steve Shapiro, Mike Wolfson and Tania Babb.
- 1997: Exhibited at the SASA Summer Exhibition at Kirstenbosch andKaroo Arts Festival in Oudtshoorn. Merit award for mixed media.
- 1998/99: Exhibited with SASA at Kirstenbosch and with the Bottega Gallery at the KleinKaroo Arts Festival, Oudtshoorn.
- 2000-2002 Established theKarooArtGallery inPrince Albert . Exhibited in Prince Albert KleinKaroo Arts Festival, Oudtshoorn.
- From 1998 Facilitated Karoo Art Workshops, with tutors such as Eric Laubscher, Greg Kerr, Paul Andrew, Heather Mockridge, Mary Anne Botha and Tim Robson. My speciality as a tutor is the introduction to watercolour, sketching and painting in the field, and the use of mixed media.