Carl Becker was born in 1956, Johannesburg. He graduated cum laude with a BA in Fine Arts from Rhodes University in 1980, and cum laude in Masters in Fine Arts in 1992.
Carl Becker has taken part in numerous group shows over the years and has had seven solo exhibitions since 1991.
- 2011: From Lion’s Head to Meiringspoort: The Cape Pierneef sites, Everard Read Cape Town, 8 – 22 September 2011.
- 2009: Incidental Landscapes, Carol Lee, September 2009.
- 2008: Metaphor, Carol Lee Fine Art at Upstairs@Bamboo, 8 – 16 November 2008.
- Rhodes University, Grahamstown.
- UNISA Art Gallery, Pta.
- SA National Gallery, Cape Town.
- Durban Art Gallery.
- Johannesburg Art Gallery.
- SASOL, Johannesburg.
- Berardo Art Foundation, Johannesburg.
- AT&T, Johannesburg.
- Barclays SA, Johannesburg.
- KPMG, Johannesburg.
- Siemens, Johannesburg.
- Cologne Reinsurance, Johannesburg.
- Webber Wentzel and Bowens, Johannesburg.